Founded in 1952, Norwood School is a coeducational, independent day school with approximately 450 students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. The School sits on 38 beautiful and expansive acres in Bethesda, Maryland, less than six miles from Washington, D.C. As one of the finest PK-8 schools in the country, Norwood sets the bar high and is committed to educating the whole child in a student-centered, challenging, and nurturing environment. We are a diverse and inclusive community where the voice of every student is heard and where adults model a love for learning.
Norwood has an opening for an innovative and creative webmaster and videographer. This full-time, 12-month position requires a range of skills including web management (content and technical), video production, photography, graphic design, and social media marketing. The position reports to the director of communications and works closely with the technology, admission, and development teams. Candidates should be up-to-date on best practices in multimedia communications, be highly creative and flexible, and comfortable working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
The webmaster and videographer:
· Maintains the School’s website and serves as point-person for submission, editing, and initial input of all web content; ensures that all content is current and accurate.
· Conceptualizes, shoots, and edits short videos that convey the Norwood School brand for internal and external audiences.
· Films school events, such as grade-level performances, the spring musical, concerts, and graduation.
· Assists the director of communications team with school photography.
· Supports the production of the annual handbook/directory and prepares the file for print.
· Works with the director of communications, director of admission, and director of development to create annual goals and objectives for school-wide marketing and communications.
· Assists the director of communications with developing and writing creative and engaging content for the website and social media channels.
· Communicates important updates to the school community, including inclement weather alerts.
· Organizes and maintains the School’s video and photo archives.
· Ensures brand and messaging quality and consistency.
· Monitors and reports on website usage, trends, and analytics.
· Stays current on the latest video trends.
· Evaluates and manages new web-based projects as new products and features become available.
Requirements: bachelor’s degree; 2-4 years’ relevant experience in multimedia communications, preferably in education; excellent written and oral communications skills; competency in videography principles from scripting through final editing; excellent technical knowledge of video equipment; ability to determine desired images and photo composition; strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java Script, web design, and web content management systems; proficient in graphic design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator); experience with SEO and analytic tools such as Google Analytics; ability to work as a collaborative team member to meet institutional marketing and communications goals; self-starter who is able to multi-task and think strategically and creatively. Flexibility to work evenings and weekends for events as needed. Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Leanne Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Norwood School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Norwood School
We welcome your interest in a career at Norwood School, a coeducational independent school serving approximately 440 students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. Our school is conveniently located on 38 beautiful acres in Bethesda, Maryland, just outside of Washington, D.C. Norwood School’s child-centered program inspires confident, compassionate, independent, and creative thinkers who embrace lifelong learning. We are committed to attracting and retaining exceptional faculty and staff to carry out this mission. We seek talented and experienced individuals who celebrate and respect childhood, know how to blend traditional teaching methods with 21st century resources, and are excited about incorporating character education and service to the community in their work with students. Embracing diversity is integral to the School’s tradition that recognizes the worth of each member of the community. Norwood does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, professional development, and tuition remission for children of full-time faculty and staff.